Would you let your young son visit the park on his own?
Of course not - but the internet is more a jungle than a playground – with
risks for every child.
You may be worried about these dangers to your child:
- Talking to strangers or encountering online predators in chat rooms, social networks
- Coming across bad language and content unsuitable for young children
- See disturbing images or videos on web sites
- Stumbling into pornographic web sites by accident
- Visiting sites that feature violence or racism
- Giving away personal details that may affect you and your family
Sometimes, these issues can also be a threat for boys this age:
- Using their webcam when strangers are watching
CyberSentinel can help protect against these dangers. See how CyberSentinel works.
For ideas and guides to help your children learn about internet dangers see the
Think You Know website.
» Try CyberSentinel for free
(no credit card required) or get free advice